IBPSA-Canada GTHA is the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area chapter of IBPSA-Canada, (http://ibpsa.ca) the Canadian affiliate of the International Building Performance Simulation Association (http://www.ibpsa.org). It was established in 2012 and represents practically all of the organizations and individuals providing building energy modeling services across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area. Its members include energy modelers and related technical experts from government, industry and academia. Membership is open to everyone with an interest in energy modeling specifically, and building performance simulation in general. Currently, IBPSA-GTHA comprises nearly 100 individuals associated with engineering firms, energy service providers, utilities, government agencies, colleges and universities.
The IBPSA-Canada GTHA Chapter’s objectives:
- Advancement of energy modeling to support building codes, building labeling programs and demand-supply program for the natural gas and electricity utilities;
- Development of a network of expertise to encourage opportunities for continuous improvement and lifelong learning;
- Cooperation with allied stakeholders to improve the energy efficiency of buildings and the uptake of energy conservation programs; and
- Promotion of cost effective energy efficiency improvements in codes and standards to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and enhance economic competitiveness.
Currently, IBPSA-GTHA has a number of working groups engaged in a variety of initiatives. To find out more, join the IBPSA-GTHA Listserv (see instructions below) and you will be notified of all future meetings, and be able to exchange communications with fellow GTHA energy modellers.
Procedure to subscribe to the IBPSA-GTA listserv:
- Compose an email from the account corresponding to the email address you want to receive listserv messages – address it to LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UTORONTO.CA
- You may leave the Subject line blank or type anything you wish.
- In the body of the message type: subscribe IBPSA-GTA-L Firstname Lastname
- Send the email and shortly afterwards you will receive an email requesting you to confirm your subscription. Follow the instructions to confirm.
- You are now subscribed to the IBPSA-GTA listserv. Retain your subscription confirmation email indicating how to invoke commands such as unsubscribing, etc.
Approved By-Laws (34KB link)